DESCRIPTION & APPLICATION
PEAK HEAT TRANSFER OIL 68 is based on severely hydrocracked base oils chosen for their ability to
resist thermal cracking and chemical oxidation at high temperatures, providing superior
performance in heat transfer systems.
PEAK HEAT TRANSFER OIL 68 provides extended oil life, provided efficient fluid heating and good
pump circulation is ensured.
PEAK HEAT TRANSFER OIL 68 is used in enclosed circulated heat transfer systems. It can be used in
high-temperature continuous heat transfer equipment with the following application limits:
Closed System: Maximum bulk temperature = 320°C
Open System: Maximum bulk temperature = 190°C
A well-designed heat transfer system along with oil condition monitoring can extend the life of
the oil by many years.
- Low viscosity delivers excellent fluidity and heat transfer over a wide temperature range.
- Good thermal and oxidation stability characteristics permit higher operating temperatures and
provide long fluid life.
- Being non-corrosive with a relatively high solvency helps reduce deposit formation keeping
internal surfaces cleaner for longer.
- Low vapour pressure minimises the formation of volatile decomposition products.
SPECIFICATIONS & PERFORMANCE LEVEL
- Meets DIN 51522 requirements
|Density 15° C g/cm³||0.870|
|Viscosity @ 40°C cSt||64.4|
|Viscosity 100°C cSt||8.8|
|Flash Point °C||>220|