DESCRIPTION & APPLICATION
PEAK CATTLE ANTI-BLOAT OIL is a specially formulated blend developed for the prevention, control and treatment of bloat in cattle. The ingredients are safe and palatable to animals.
PEAK CATTLE ANTI-BLOAT OIL forms a white emulsion for use as a Flank Lick, Oral Drench, Pasture Spray, Bail Feed, and Drinking Trough preparation when mixed correctly with water.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
PEAK CATTLE ANTI-BLOAT OIL MUST BE THOROUGHLY STIRRED OR SHAKEN BEFORE USE
FLANK LICK: Apply 70mL of PEAK CATTLE ANTI-BLOAT OIL undiluted per animal at each milking to the ribs/flank using a paintbrush or squeeze/spray bottle.
ORAL DRENCH: The most positive and recommended control technique is daily drenching – usually at milking times.
Use PEAK CATTLE ANTI-BLOAT OIL NEAT – WITHOUT DILUTION as a drench at a rate of 70mL per animal.
PASTURE SPRAY: The use of a boom spray is recommended to ensure optimum coverage, and penetration and minimize losses due to wind drift. PEAK CATTLE ANTI-BLOAT OIL will wash off with heavy rain. Re-spraying is necessary as soon as possible.
MIXING: The spray tank should be half filled with water, then with the agitator operating the required quantity of PEAK CATTLE ANTI-BLOAT OIL should be added to the tank followed by the remainder of the water. Re-circulation should continue until the completion of spraying. Emulsions that have been allowed to stand for any length of time may begin to separate. To re-emulsify, the solution, re-circulate through the pump or stir vigorously in the holding tank.
APPLICATION: Apply 90mL of PEAK CATTLE ANTI-BLOAT OIL per head per day through a Boom Spray. (4.5L will protect 50 animals per day) Mix the required amount thoroughly with water to cover one day of grazing.
For typical grazing situations PEAK CATTLE ANTI-BLOAT OIL can be made up as follows:
Mix 4.5L of PEAK CATTLE ANTI-BLOAT OIL with 95L of clean water to cover an area to be grazed by 50 cows per day. To ensure adequate penetration on pastures that have been idle and show heavy growth, the amount of PEAK CATTLE ANTI-BLOAT OIL used may need to be greater than 4.5L in 95L of water. Conversely, less Cattle Bloat Oil than 4.5L per 95L of water may be required on paddocks that have a lower animal feeding capacity.
GRAZING: Strip grazing with the use of electric fences of the selected pasture will simplify the spraying requirements and thereby assist in controlling bloat. Ensure that all the selected pasture is adequately treated including those areas that can be reached outside the fence line. Avoid back grazing as young shoots that are not treated are bloat-inducing.
BAIL FEED: Apply directly to feed bails. Dilute with water for ease of application and to facilitate dosage. 90mL per head of cattle.
DRINKING TROUGHS: PEAK CATTLE ANTI-BLOAT OIL can be mixed with cattle drinking water. Calculate the untreated water capacity of the trough. Top up if necessary. Always add the PEAK CATTLE ANTI-BLOAT OIL to the filled trough at the desired treat rate. First, add water to the trough, then add the desired dose of PEAK CATTLE ANTI-BLOAT OIL and mix thoroughly.
• Add the required amount of Cattle Bloat Oil. e.g. 4.5L to 95L of water in the trough. (Dosage for a 100L trough)
• Agitate well to form a stable emulsion.
• DO NOT reduce the Cattle Bloat dosage as this can cause splitting of the emulsion.
• In some areas the water quality can vary either soft or hard. If this is evident in your area, on the initial fill of Bloat Oil to water, if the emulsion is not stable, quickly increase the treat rate to 6L to 95L of water. Mix thoroughly.
• In normal water conditions, and where water troughs are topped up during the day by water cocks and it is not possible to add Bloat Oil, increase the initial dosage from 4.5L up to 6L per 95L of water. If water is left unused in the trough for prolonged periods – Ensure that the trough is well agitated prior to reuse.
• PEAK CATTLE ANTI-BLOAT OIL functions best as a preventative agent. Therefore begin applying before using bloat-induced fodder.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT PREMIX. ALWAYS ADD OIL TO WATER.