DESCRIPTION & APPLICATION
PEAK HONE OIL D is a low viscosity, specially compounded, non-volatile oil with excellent
lubrication properties and a comparatively high flash point. It does not contain kerosene and
is, therefore, free from the many hazards associated with the use of this type of material.
PEAK HONE OIL D is recommended for a variety of light metal forming applications, including
light press work, stamping and roll forming. It is also particularly suited for use in the cylinder
bore honing of hard and soft cast iron and steel liners, flat honing operations on cast iron,
lapping and superfinishing.
- Less oil “carry off” making cleaning easier due to its very low viscosity.
- Improvement in surface finishes with existing grade stones which eliminate scoring and
increases stone life.
- Significant reduction in consumption (of up to 80%) compared to kerosene and kerosene
- Lubricant additives that deliver Improved corrosion protection.
- Reduction in unwanted vapours delivering cleaner conditions and improved shop hygiene
NOTE: It is important to maintain the oil in good condition and free of contaminants. The oil should be removed from the system periodically for
reconditioning. Suitable filters of high-speed centrifugal separators should be installed in the coolant circuits to remove swarf, debris, and abrasive
grit. Magnetic filters are also excellent where a high standard of surface finish with the absence of score marks and grit penetration is required.
|Density 15° C g/cm³||0.853|
|Viscosity 100°C cSt||6.6|
|Flash Point °C||>90|
Find the Smarter product for your application, talk with our expert technical staff today.