DESCRIPTION & APPLICATION
EASY TO APPLY – ENVIRONMENTALLY SENSIBLE
PEAK LOG END SEALER is a white fluid emulsion manufactured using a combination of unique additives and
fatty acids specifically designed to prevent “end checks” in cut or sawn timber. The product works by
minimising the loss of moisture from the ends of sawn timber to within acceptable limits, thus preventing
excessive “end checking” of timber, particularly during the stacking period at sawmills. The product is
stable over a wide range of temperatures, particularly at low ambient temperatures.
PEAK LOG END SEALER should be applied at approximately 1 litre per four square metres, i.e., comparable
to one heavy coat of paint. It is easily applied by brushing, dipping, or spraying with conventional
- Increased sound timber yield from each log achieved at a cost effective rate
- Environmentally sensible – no harsh chemicals
- Stable in extended storage and also at low ambient temperatures unlike wax based products
- Easily applied by brushing, dipping or spraying with conventional equipment
- Lower cost than regular paint materials
- Reduced fire hazard, due to the absence of highly volatile flammable solvents
- Ready clean-up of equipment with Mineral Turpentine or Low Odour Kerosene.
|Density 15° C g/cm³||0.97|
|Viscosity 40°C cSt||<10|
|Flash Point °C||>300|
Find the Smarter product for your application, talk with our expert technical staff today.